Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) / Platelet-Rich Fibrin Therapies (PRF)
River Landing Dentistry offers two types of platelet-rich therapies for speedy recoveries after certain dental procedures. Our office practices the latest in technological innovations to provide the highest quality dental care to Daniel Island and the Lowcountry.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a new approach to tissue regeneration and promotes healing in many dental and oral surgery procedures, especially in aging patients. It can be used for prp tooth extraction, prp dental implants, prp bone grafts and more. Patients’ plasma contains growth factors that influence wound healing, thereby playing an important role in tissue repairing mechanisms.
- Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) is derived from the concentration of the patient’s blood platelets. A simplified chairside procedure results in the production of a fibrin membrane that can stimulate the release of many important growth factors involved during wound healing processes that take place after surgery.
We all rely on the natural healing of our body, which is mostly accelerated by the blood. The human blood contains various components that have healing properties. River Landing Dentistry uses a pain-free procedure to get blood from various parts of your body like the arm so that it can be used as your natural healing treatment.
The PRP/PRF Process
Once we extract your blood, we put it in a centrifuge so that it can be separated. We then concentrate the white blood cells or fibrin obtained from the blood plasma. These components help your tissues quickly regenerate. We apply the PRP or PRF on the affected area (where you had a dental procedure done). Your stem cells strengthen and develop new tissue for speedy healing.
- Jumpstarts a quick recovery process
- Facilitates tissue regeneration and improves bone regeneration
- Reduces swelling as well as inflammation, pain after a dental procedure, and bleeding
- Strengthens as well as heals the jawbone after implants
- Prevents dry sockets
- Protects against bacterial, fungal, or other forms of infections
Procedures That Call For PRP/PRF Therapy
- Bone Grafting
- Dental Implants
- Tooth Removal